When is it Time to Expand Your Marketing Ops Team?
Whether you’re expanding from a mighty Marketing Ops team of one or adding headcount to an already established crew, what are the best practices for growing your Marketing Operations team?
In this episode of The Revenue Growth Architects, we’re sharing a framework we’ve used internally at CS2 and with our clients to determine how and when to build out your marketing ops team. Simplify your hiring practices by considering our four framework pillars: splitting the workload between Marketing Ops and Campaign Ops, closing your teams’ skill gaps, considering future business needs, and preparing for increased marketing analytics demands.
Tune in to find out how our framework can help you build the ultimate marketing operations team from the ground up or expand your current team strategically to positively impact business goals.
And if you have a marketing ops question you’d like answered, reach out to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach hires to strategic initiatives to increase approval likelihood.
- Align headcount needs with analytics and overall business goals.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up about team expansion needs! Think: We will be successful *if* we expand the team.
- Consider delegating campaign execution to focus on larger strategic projects.
- Identify and leverage your own strengths and fill skill gaps to ensure successful project completion.
Jump into the conversation:
[00:01:34] Introduction to the Marketing Operations hiring framework.
[00:05:42] Delegate, hire strategically, and start with campaigns.
[00:18:58] Assess your current skills, hire if necessary to fill gaps.
[00:30:04] How to apply the Marketing Operations hiring framework to your hiring decisions